Thursday, July 28, 2011

Keep Calm & Do Yoga


Lately I've been lacking big time in the exercise area and seemingly piling on the stress. So today I decided to try something new to solve both my problems. I did yoga! And it was so amazing! If you listen and really do as the instructor says it can be quite the work out and stress reliever. 

I feel rejuvenated and less stressed. I only caught myself thinking about what I had to do when I returned home twice...That's pretty good for a girl that keeps herself up at night going through mental to do lists and making sure she doesn't forget anything. 
Bruce McCammon Photography

The studio I visited is called Sellwood Yoga. A fantastic couple owns and runs the studio. They are quite nice and it is obvious their genuine desire to teach yoga. The studio, itself, is gorgeous. The front desk is made from a fallen maple tree and the studio opens up to a beautiful garden and streams of sunlight. 

My instructor, Bill, for Yoga for Athletes
During class we did all sorts of poses and at the end we attempted hand stands. That was a sight to behold...a very humorous sight. All in all, it was a great experience and I will definitely be back.

If you live in the Portland area, 
definitely check out Sellwood Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...